20 Mar 2021
This makes it the most common health condition globally! Oral diseases, such as tooth decay (dental caries) and gum disease, can impact every aspect of life, from relationships and self-confidence through to school, work, and the ability to interact with others.
Maintaining good oral health can have a positive impact on the management of diabetes and could help in the prevention of other health conditions, such as cardiovascular disease (heart disease and stroke), pneumonia and some cancers.
So here are few measures you can take to to safeguard not only your #oralhealth but your overall health:
• Practicing a good oral hygiene routine, which includes brushing for two minutes, twice a day, with a fluoridated toothpaste
• Visiting the dentist for regular check-ups and dental cleanings
• Eating a well-balanced diet low in sugar and high in fruit and vegetables, and favouring water as the main drink
• Stopping use of all forms of tobacco, including chewing of areca nuts
• Limiting alcohol consumption
• Using protective equipment, such as a mouth guard, when doing contact sports and travelling on bicycles to reduce the risk of injuries
Somaiya Ayurvihar Complex,
Eastern Express Highway,
Sion(E), Mumbai - 400 022
View On Maps