DNB [National Board Of Examina], M B B S 
Title of the degree / Training program
Conferred by / Conducted by
Month and year of completion
MRCP SCE (UK) Gastroenterology
Royal College of Physicians and British Society of Gastroenterology
Fellow Advanced GI Endoscopy
He is trained to deal with all gastroenterology and liver ailments. He has interest in therapeutic and interventional endoscopic procedures. He has multiple national and international publications in gastroenterology and liver diseases. He is dedicated to excellence for his patients.
Mallikarjun Patil, Sheth KA, Kullembella S. Prasanna, Channagiri K. Adarsh, BalarajuGirisha. Sudden Onset Abdominal Wall Swellings in Patient of Liver Cirrhosis. J Clin Exp Hepatol 2012;2:283–285.
• Devarbhavi H, Singh R, Adarsh CK, Sheth KA, Girisha B, Patil M, Prasanna KS. The clinical, laboratory characteristics, natural history and outcome in 201 patients with Wilson disease. AASLD abstracts Oct 2012; A1343: 826A.
• Devarbhavi H, Singh R, Adarsh CK, Sheth KA. A simple prognostic model predicting outcome in children and adolescents with Wilson disease and acute liver failure and comparison with Wilson disease specific models. AASLD abstracts oct 2012; A1650: 962A.
• Patil M, Sheth KA, Adarsh CK, Balaraju G. An unusual complication of ERCP. [Abstracts] Indian J Gastroenterol 2012; 31 Suppl 1: Pg8: A133.
• Prasanna K S, Sheth KA, Nadig R, Patil M, Adarsh CK. Portosystemic Myelopathy: A Rare Neurological Presentation of Portosystemic Shunts. J Clin Exp Hepatol 2012;2:393–395.
• Devarbhavi H, Patil M, Adarsh CK, Sheth KA (2012). Cholestatic Liver Diseases: in special conditions, in Sawant P(ed), ECAB Clinical update: Gastroenterology/ Hepatology Cholestatic Liver disease. Reed Elsevier India private Limited, New Delhi. P 85-106.
• Devarbhavi H, Singh R, Patil M, Sheth KA, Adarsh CK, Balaraju G. Outcome and determinants of mortality in 269 patients with combination anti-tuberculosis drug-induced liver injury. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2013 Jan;28(1):161-167.
• Patil M, Sheth KA, Adarsh CK. Obstructive Jaundice: A Late Presentation of Blunt Abdominal Trauma of Extrahepatic Biliary Tract Treated Endoscopically. J Dig Endosc 2013;4(1):16-18.
• Patil M, Sheth KA, Adarsh CK. Elevated Alpha Fetoprotein, No Hepatocellular Carcinoma. J Clin Exp Hepatol 2013;3:162–164.
• Balaraju G, Adarsh CK, Patil M, Sheth KA, Kiran R, Venu HA, Devarbhavi H. Incidence course and outcome in community acquired and nosocomial spontaneous bacterial peritonitis in patients with cirrhosis. [Abstract]: J Clin Exp Hepatol 2013; 3 (1) Suppl 1: S85.
• Patil M, Sheth KA, Adarsh CK, Devarbhavi H. A Review and Current Perspective on Wilson Disease. J Clin Exp Hepatol 2013;3:321–336.
• Patil M, Sheth KA, Adarsh CK, Manjunath S, Devarbhavi H. Duodenal gastrointestinal stromal tumor presenting as massive gastrointestinal bleed. Indian J Gastroenterol. 2014 Mar;33(2):192-4.
• Devarbhavi H, Singh R, Krishnamurthi AC, Sheth KA, Kiran R, Patil M. Factors That Predict Mortality in Children with Wilson Disease Associated Acute Liver Failure and Comparison of Wilson Disease Specific Prognostic Indices. J Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2014 Feb;29(2):380-6.
• Murali AR, Devarbhavi H, Venkatachala PR, Singh R, Sheth KA. Factors That Predict 1-Month Mortality in Patients With PregnancySpecific Liver Disease. Clin Gastroenterol Hepatol. 2014 Jan;12(1):109-13
• Devarbhavi H, Sheth KA, Kiran R, Patil M, Venu HA, TR Vijaykumar, AdarshCk, Sethumadhavan M, Ranjini S. Outcome of hepatitis B and D (delta) virus infection in children undergoing chemotherapy for hematological malignancies: an eight year single centre experience. AASLD abstracts Nov 2013; A1227: P148.
• Devarbhavi H, Kumar RR, Bijoor AR, Sheth KA, Patil M, Adarsh ck. Ascitic fluid lactoferrin evaluation in the diagnosis of spontaneous bacterial peritonitis. AASLD abstracts Nov 2013; A1334: P155
• Patil M, Devarbhavi H, Sheth KA, Adarsh CK. Bacteriological spectrum and outcome of cellulitis in cirrhosis in comparison to noncirrhotics. AASLD abstracts Nov 2013; A1417: P159.
• Patil M, Sheth KA, Adarsh CK, G Balaraju. An Unusual Experience with ERCP. J Dig Endosc. 2013;4:114-116.
• S K Ravikiran, C K Adarsh, G K Prashanth, Mallikarjun P, ShethKA, H AradyaVenu, T R Vijay Kumar, HarshadDevarbhavi. Kidney biopsy changes in patients with ethanol related cirrhosis and severe alcoholic hepatitis. Indian J Gastroenterol 2013; 32(Suppl 1): LO-31.
• Patil M, Sheth KA, Devarbhavi H. Endoscopy in a rare presentation of worms. J Dig Endosc. 2014; 5: 80-2.
• Devarbhavi H, Raj S, Sheth KA, Ravikiran K, Singh R, Aradya HV, Vijaykumar TR, Patil M, Adarsh CK. Drug-induced liver injury associated with Stevens-Johnson Syndrome or Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis(SJS/TEN): characteristics and outcome. AASLD abstracts Nov 2014; 714A: 1055.
• Aradya HV, Devarbhavi H, Ravikiran K, Sheth KA, Vijaykumar TR, Singh R, Adarsh CK, Patil M. Predictors of mortality and comparison of prognostic models in 220 patients with alcoholic hepatitis: a prospective study. AASLD abstracts Nov 2014; 788A: 1217.Adarsh CK, Sheth KA. Cyclical constipation. J Dig Endosc. 2014; 5: 126-8.
• Patil M, Sheth KA. An Uncommon Evaluation in Recurrent acute Pancreatitis. J Dig Endosc. 2014; 5: 116-8.
• AmolBapaye, NachiketDubale, Sheth KA, Jay Bapaye, MrunalKulkarni. Factors predicting enbloc endoscopic resection of flat or sessile colorectal mucosal and sub mucosal lesions. Abstract DDW 2015 Sa 1620.
• AmolBapaye, NachiketDubale, Pankaj Desai, Nilay Mehta, RajendraPujari, Suhas Date, MayankKabrawala, Sheth KA, Jay Bapaye, Mrunal Kulkarni. Results of per-oral endoscopic myotomy (POEM) for recurrent achalasia. Abstract DDW 2015 Tu 1519.
• AmolBapaye, NachiketDubale, Pankaj Desai, Nilay Mehta, RajendraPujari, Suhas Date, MayankKabrawala, Sheth KA, Jay Bapaye, Mrunal Kulkarni. Safety of per-oral endoscopic myotomy (POEM) in patients with severe co-morbidities. Abstract DDW 2015 Tu 1500.
• Sheth KA, Bapaye A, Dubale N. Scary openings – case series of two iatrogenic endoscopic perforations. Endocon 2015 video presentation DESI section.
• Bapaye A, Dubale N, ShethKA,Desai P, Mehta N, Kabrawala M, Pujari R, Date S, Bapaye J, Kulkarni M. Safety of per-oral endoscopic myotomy (POEM) in patients with severe co-morbidities. UEG Abstract 2015-ABS-2998.
• AmolBapaye, NachiketDubale, Sheth KA, Jay Bapaye, MrunalKulkarni. Factors predicting enbloc endoscopic resection of flat or sessile colorectal mucosal and sub mucosal lesions. Abstract UEGW 2015 ABS-2961.
• Bapaye A, Dubale N, Desai P, Mehta N, Pujari R, Date S, Kabrawala M, Sheth KA, Bapaye J, Kulkarni M. Results of per-oral endoscopic myotomy (POEM) for recurrent achalasia. Abstract UEGW 2015 ABS- 3007.
• Bapaye A, Dubale N, Sheth KA, Bapaye J, Kulkarni M, Jajoo R. Endoscopic Enbloc resection of sub-epithelial tumorsL A single centre study. Abstract UEGW 2015 ABS 3015.
• Bapaye A, Dubale N, Sheth KA, Mahajani S. Endoscopic full thickness resection (EFTR) of a large gastric GIST + closure of accidental full thickness esophageal perforation. UEGW 2015 VC2620.
• Dubale N, Sheth KA, Bapaye J, Mutatkar M, Bapaye A. EUS guided coil embolization of giant extraluminal gastric varices – modification of the technique to prevent distant embolization. UEGW 2015 VC4464.
• Bapaye A, Dubale N, Vyas V, Mahadik M, GaadheRavindra, Pujari R, Date S, Kabrawala M, Sheth KA, Bapaye J. A simple mathematical equation for reliable prediction of the gastro-esophageal junction (GEJ) through the sub mucosal tunnel during per oral endoscopic myotomy (POEM)- a proof of concept pilot study . Abstract DDW 2016.
Clinical Trials & Research
• Clinical Trials Registry India (Internet) New Delhi June 2019. Identifier CSR version: ICR/15/016/CSR-19/001.0. A randomized, multi centric, active controlled, parallel, open-label, comparative study to evaluate efficacy and safety of Pantoprazole dual release gastro-resistant tablet in comparison to Pantoprazole tablet in patients having refractory moderate to severe GERD (Gastro Esophageal reflux Disease) in India.